Privacy Officer, Western Fibre Communications Corp., 650-840 7 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 3G2, 403-986-6629, E-mail: email@example.com
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Type of Information
The type of information WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. collects includes the following:
- Information such as name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of any agreements with WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.
- Information provided to WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. such as preferences, feedback and comments
- Credit and financial information
Moby Use of Information
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. uses the personal Moby information above for different purposes relating to the management of our business and our business relationships. These purposes include, but are not limited to the following situations.
- Establishing, maintaining and managing a business relationship so that WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. may provide the services or products requested
- Enabling WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. to comply with requests such as preferred method of communication
- Sharing personal information with any third parties under direction or consent
- Enabling WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. to review the products and services that WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. provides so that WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. may understand the requirements for WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. products and services and improve WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. products and services
- Protecting WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. business from error, fraud, theft and damage to WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. goods and property
- Enabling WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements
- Safeguarding and protecting WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. ’s confidential information
- Other purposes reasonably required for the management of WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. business relationships and the management of WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. ’s business
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. may share personal Moby information with its board members, employees, auditors, contractors and consultants and other parties who require such information to assist WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. with administering WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. business relationship with you. These include third parties that provide services to WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. or on our behalf, third parties that collaborate with WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. in the provision of services to parties with whom WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. contracts to perform our services. The amount of Moby information disclosed will be the minimum required for the 3rd party to perform its duties or to fulfill their contract with WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.
However, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. will only disclose information to other parties if:
- They agree not sell your private information to other parties
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. requires consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Consent may be expressed or implied. Express consent may be given orally or in writing, including electronic transmission. Implied consent is consent that can be reasonably inferred by your action or inaction and by signing a contract with WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. or completing and online signup form for services. By providing WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. with the personal information described in this Policy, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. assumes implied consent for WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Consent may be withdrawn for WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. to collect, use and disclose Moby personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual obligations in our business relationship. There must be reasonable notice of the withdrawal of consent. All communications with respect to the withdrawal or limitation of consent should be directed to the WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. Privacy Officer in writing.
In some circumstances, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. is entitled, or required, to disclose personal information without consent. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Protection of health or safety
- Necessary disclosure for an investigation or proceeding
- Required or authorized disclosure for by law
- Required to comply with a subpoena, warrant or order of a court or other body authorized to compel production of the information
- A public body requires it and relates to an investigation of an offence
- The disclosure is to a lawyer who is representing WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.
- The disclosure is required to respond to an emergency
- Where the personal information is publicly available
Accuracy of Personal Moby Privacy Information
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. endeavors to ensure that any personal information in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. uses that information. If personal information changes or is deemed to be not accurate, please notify WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. as soon as reasonably possible. Any request to verify or correct personal information must be made in writing to WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.’s Privacy Officer. In some circumstances, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. may not agree to the request to change personal information, but will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Retention of Personal Moby Information
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. keeps personal Moby information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. retain information varies, depending on the product or service and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of a business relationship with WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. but it will only be for as long as it is necessary for WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date and to comply with applicable law and regulatory requirements. When WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. no longer requires personal information, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. will either destroy or erase it, or WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. will make it anonymous such that it cannot be associated with or tracked.
Safeguarding Personal Moby Information
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. is committed to protecting the security of personal information. WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Access to Your Personal Moby Information
An individual or corporation may ask to see the personal information collected by WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. A request to review personal information must be made in writing to WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. Privacy Officer. WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. will endeavor to provide the information requested within a reasonable time from the date of the written request, or within the time otherwise required by law.
Upon receipt of a request to review personal information, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. may request specific information to enable WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. to confirm identity and right to access such information. WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. may also require information that would assist WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. in locating any personal information. WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. may charge a fee to access personal information; if so, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. will notify the applicant of that fee at the time of the request or within a short time thereafter.
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. reserves the right to decline to provide access to personal information in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to, circumstances where the information requested:
- Would disclose personal information, including opinions, about another individual
- Would disclose WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. ’s trade secrets or other confidential business information
- Is subject to lawyer-client privilege
- Is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing it would be disproportionate to the value of the information
- Does not exist or cannot be found
- Could result in serious harm to the individual requesting it, serious harm to the life, safety or health of another person, or serious emotional harm or embarrassment to another individual
- May harm or interfere with law enforcement activities and other investigative or regulatory functions of a body authorized by statute to perform such functions
- May be or is required to be withheld by other legislation
Where information requested will not or cannot be disclosed, WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. will provide the reasons for non-disclosure.
Interpretation of this Policy
The Privacy Officer has the responsibility and authority to interpret and administer this Policy. This Policy does not create or confer any additional rights or obligations to those imposed under provincial or federal privacy legislation. Should there be, in a specific case, any inconsistency between this Policy and applicable provincial or federal privacy legislation, and then this Policy will be interpreted to give effect to and comply with such privacy laws.
MOBY WIFI APP
How WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. collects your Information
WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. collects, and processes information provided directly by you when you install the Moby WIFI App and register for an account to use the Moby WIFI App. Specifically, this information includes:
- Your name, email address, location, phone number.
- Browser information and session cookies related to your access and use of the Moby WIFI App.
- Data insights WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. attains based on correlation and analytics of your information collected in providing the Moby WIFI App, which may be used in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats or to obtain trend analytics, to provide the Moby WIFI App; and
- Use of the above-described collected information in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats to enhance our current App or to provide App features.
How WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. uses the Information
- Provide you with the Moby WIFI App as described in the Agreement.
- Implement, improve and/or enhance the Moby WIFI App, including making future releases available to you.
- Enforce WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. rights arising from the Agreement between you and WESTERN FIBRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.; and
- Fulfill any other purpose authorized by you and reasonably required for the Moby WIFI App.
Moby - FAQ's
Is Moby a reliable option as an Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
Yes, Moby has been delivering internet services along with TV and VoIP phone bundling/packaging for both residents and businesses in Calgary’s downtown core since 2019.
As a Calgary-based independent triple-play telecommunications company, Moby provides high speed fibre optic lines to high-density multi-family buildings and to mid-high density commercial buildings in downtown Calgary.
Unlike other independent ISPs that resell the services of other incumbent players like Telus, Rogers, and Shaw, Moby builds and manages its own fiber end-to-end. That freedom allows Moby to deliver truly unique high-end independent offerings for both residential and business customers.
Read about Moby in the News.
How is Moby any different than other telecoms in Alberta?
Moby is different from other telecoms in that we own our own fibre lines and are able to make business decisions that are not influenced by others in a complex chain of command. This allows us to make policies that are more attractive to both residential and business customers in downtown Calgary, where our lines are installed. These policies are what make us unique. The list below include some of our more popular policies.
- No contracts
- Free install
- No throttling/buffering
- Custom bundling/packaging/plans for internet, tv & phone
- Local 24/7 customer support
- Affordable pricing
- Unlimited Canada/USA phone
- Locally managed office solutions such as VOIP, WiFi, Custom Phone Systems, MS Teams Solutions and more.
Custom enterprise internet solutions including Networking, Colocation Data Centers, up to 100Gb internet speeds and more.
Read about Moby in the News.
Where are Moby's Internet Package Services available?
Moby services are offered, at present, in many downtown Calgary office buildings and condo/apartment buildings. This number continues to grow each month.
To see if your building has Moby yet, click on one of the links below.
Get Moby for Residential Internet services.
Is Moby the BEST Internet Service Provider (ISP) in downtown Calgary?
Yes. If fastest internet speed and best customer service reviews are the measurements, then we are the best, hands down. But, we'll let you decide from the comparisons below.
Max upload/download speeds in downtown Calgary as of Aug, 2022.
Moby: 10Gbps Up, 10Gbps Down
Telus: 2.5Gbps Up, 2.5Gbps Down
Shaw: 100Mbps Up, 1.5Gbps Down
Local review ratings for internet providers in Calgary as of Aug, 2022.
Moby: 176 reviews avg 4.7 stars
Telus: 58 reviews avg 4.0 stars
Shaw: 21 reviews avg 4.5 stars
What does pure fibre optics mean?
Pure fibre optics means a direct physical fibre optic connection to your home or business. That translates into super fast speed, low latency and high reliability. Also, it means use of multiple devices, fast WIFI, streaming and gaming. What it doesn't mean is lag time, outages, WIFI issues and other speed related problems. It's the gold standard for high speed internet.
Moby's lines are pure fibre optics.
Does Moby buffer or throttle internet connections?
Moby does not engage in the throttling and buffering practices. That's because our pure fibre lines have extensive bandwidth capacity. Also, we have a limited user base of Calgary's downtown population with excess capacity to serve. So, there's no need to throttle our customers.
How often does Moby have system outages, delays or network issues?
Almost never. Our technical engineering team is the best. And, we use the most current telecom management software and hardware on the market. Additionally, our pure fibre lines have very high bandwidth capacity and low usage traffic. So, you don't have to worry about outages, delays and issues. Plus, you're secure, thanks to our security software and systems.
Does Moby apply data caps to internet service?
No. Your monthly internet bill will never change due to data caps and overage charges. You get exactly what you signed up for, at all times. No gimmicks.
Residential Services - FAQ's
How many years is Moby's residential internet, phone & TV price guarantee?
Moby guarantees your monthly internet bills will remain the same for 3 calendar years.
Does Moby charge for new residential internet, phone & TV installs?
No. Moby's Residential internet, phone & tv installs are free.
Does Moby offer the BEST residential home internet pricing in downtown Calgary?
Yes. Because even though our pricing is competitive (and often the lowest), you will get higher value for each dollar spent. That value is delivered through:
- the extras we throw in for free,
- the quality of our fiber optic internet lines,
- our exceptional customer service, and
- the wide variety of choices we extend.
When you consider all of these, we're definitely the best price in town.
Explore our website to learn more.
What residential home internet packages are available?
We have 4 standard packages available right now. They include the following:
- Internet 300 Mbps at $65/mo
- Internet 600 Mbps at $75/mo
- Internet 1000 Mbps at $85/mo
- Internet 2.5 Gig at $165/mo
Does Moby offer any residential home internet packages lease buyout options?
Yes. From time to time, Moby offers contract buyout promotions.
Explore Moby's current promotions.
Do Moby's residential home TV bundles accommodate flexible record, DVR, pause, etc.?
Yes. Moby's TV features includes all the standard TV features that customers demand today. Those include Re-Start, Cloud DVR, Catchup TV, Reminders, AutoTune, Flexible Recording, Trick Play and more.
Are Moby's residential home TV bundles flexible and simple to configure?
Yes. We have simple packages such as Little Moby and Big Moby that make the selection process simple. However, if you want a totally customized package, that's available, too. A simple call is all it takes.
Can I use my own phone for Moby's residential home phone packages service?
Yes. You can use any land line phone you wish to as long as it is connected to your modem (for VoIP telephone service).
What features are included in Moby's residential home phone packages?
Our standard features, at no extra charge include: Caller ID, Caller ID Block, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Number Porting, Do Not Disturb, Voicemail, 911 Dialing and 3-way Calling. Additionally, you get unlimited calling in Canada and the USA. And, of course, free install.
Can I keep my existing land line phone number with Moby's VoIP phone service?
Yes. We'll port it over for you.
Can I get unlimited calling in N. America with a Moby home phone?
Yes. That's part of our every package.
How good are Moby residential internet support scores?
Moby's customer service levels far exceed most local Telecoms. That's mostly because our support team is local and very skillful in our technologies. That team consists of customer service reps, technical support and account managers. They all work in our downtown Calgary office and live in Calgary. Additionally, we are available 24/7 (not just 9-5). So, when you have a problem, we won't put you on hold for hours, or tell you to call back during regular business hours, or tell you to wait a week before a technician can be scheduled. Instead, we'll do our best to fix the problem and have you up and running in a jiffy.
See Moby's Customer Support Reviews.
What does Moby residential internet support cover?
We provide telephone support, email support, technical support, billing support and TV manuals for those who like to manage their own accounts.
How do we "Get Moby" residential internet?
Click on Get Moby buttons anywhere on the website or select it from our main residential menu.
Will "Get Moby' for residential internet connect us even if Moby is not yet in our building?
No. But, if you really want your building to join Moby's fibre optic network downtown, all you need to do is mention it to your building management. We can add you to the waiting list.
Does Moby also serve the business sector downtown?
Yes. Moby has extensive Business/Enterprise solutions/services in downtown Calgary.
Learn more about Moby's Business Internet Enterprise Solutions.